Island Fights 58: Ribeiro vs. Kilburn was live from the Pensacola Bay Center in Pensacola, Florida. The event was broadcasted on UFC Fight Pass.
In the main event, 38-fight veteran Deivison Ribeiro (27-10-0, 1 NC) faced Dana White’s Contender Series alum Jacob Kilburn (6-2). Ribeiro replaced Jesus Pinedo on short notice for this bout. Pinedo broke his hand in training and was forced to withdraw. Ribeiro had only fought three times since 2014 before tonight. In 2016, he broke his leg in a title challenge to Andre Harrison at Titan FC 39. He returned last November, defeating Ronnie Rogers via doctor stoppage. Kilburn on the other hand, entered the bout coming off a submission loss to Bobby Moffett on last year’s contender series. Prior to that, the 24-year-old had won his last three contests, including a victory over Elvin Leon Brito in his Island Fights debut 14 months ago.
Also on the card, Contender Series competitor Tyler Hill returns to Island Fights looking for his first win. Additionally, WBC Muay Thai champion Carlos Guerra was also in action. Guerra lost to UFC prospect Mike Davis in his Island Fights debut.
Island Fights 58: Ribeiro vs. Kilburn Results:
- Jacob Kilburn def. Deivison Ribeiro via KO (Punch), Round 2, 0:10
- Tyler Hill def. Socrates Pierre via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 2, 3:03
- Eduardo Diez def. Joe Penafiel via Unanimous Decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-24)
- Lucas Alexander def. Carlos Guerra via Unanimous Decision (30-25, 30-26, 30-27)
- Marcel Stamps def. Matt McKeon via TKO – Unintentional Foul (Strikes to the Back of the Head), Round 1, 4:28 – McKeon was unable to continue after five minutes.
- Chase Boutwell def. Dejuan Robinson via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1, 2:01
Story By Ryan Fortune of CageSidePress.com